M13

Taken on 18.7.12 with a Canon 500D through the WO 98FLT, on the AP 900GTO mount at Austerfield.
This is my first attempt with the 500D, and the night was reasonably clear if only for a short while, but a joy to be able to work on something other than the Sun.
There is quite a lot of local light pollution so I always use an IDAS filter and fitting one to the Canon caused some thought. But I obtained a filter holder from Gerd Neumann, connected it to a M42x1 thread to Canon adapter. I haven't an easy means of connecting my usual field flattener and you can see the result of doing without it. I'll have to sort something out for that.
I used the 500D's built-in capability to take darks rather than take them separately, as the clear sky wasn't there for long. No flats taken either as this was taken to test possibilities.
Stacked in Astroart and processed in Photoshop CS2. The exposure was 10x60sec set at ISO400.

No comments: